On the April edition of The Paralegal Voice Vicki Voisin hosts Charlsye Smith Diaz, PhD, a former paralegal who is now a professor of technical writing at The University of Maine.
Diaz and Voisin met through The National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) and there they decided to co-author a book, The Professional Paralegal: A Guide to Finding a Job and Career Success. The book was written with both beginning and experienced paralegals in mind.
In this episode of The Paralegal Voice, Voisin and Diaz discuss the different phases of a paralegal career, including writing and interview tips, what to do when you get a job, how to organize your workspace and your time, as well as the steps to take to make your career both interesting and fulfilling.
Also in this episode:
- How Charlsye transitioned from paralegal to Phd.
- Why Charlsye and Vicki wrote The Professional Paralegal: A Guide to Finding a Job and Career Success
- Why paralegal students should participate in internships
- What employers are looking for when they review a student’s resume
- What NOT to include in your resume
- Why you should keep your resume up to date
- Interviewing tips
- Tips for getting organized and managing your time
- The Paralegal Rookie: http://paralegalrookie.com
- The Professional Paralegal: A Guide to Finding a Job and Career Success
- Dancing with the Stars Giveaway: http://legaltalknetwork.com/subsribe-to-newsletter (be sure to choose The Paralegal Voice as your favorite podcast