In this episode, we welcome Karen Tuschak, President of the International Paralegal Management Association, Stacie McLean, IPMA President–Elect, and Sylvia Naim, IPMA Secretary-Treasurer, to take an in-depth look at IPMA, and discuss IPMA’s mission, the job market for paralegals, what they look for when hiring, and key traits needed to make a successful paralegal.
Also, in this episode, we discuss:
- How Karen, Stacie and Sylvia became paralegal managers
- The history of IPMA
- The hardest part of a paralegal manager’s job
- Opportunities for paralegal managers
- Advanced degrees for paralegals interested in management careers
- The importance of first impressions online
MP3 Link: http://websrvr82il.audiovideoweb.com/ny60web16519/LTN/PLV/PLV_012411_IPMA.mp3
Internet resources and additional information:
- IPMA website, http://www.paralegalmanagement.org/
- IPMA’s 27th Annual Conference & Expo
- IPMA’s Paralegal Management Magazine
- “Secrets of Paralegal Management Unveiled” (Legal Assistant Today, March/April 2003)
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure that you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, with RSS Feed Links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork/rss-feeds/.