Are you ready to search for a paralegal job? On The Paralegal Voice Kim Wierzel, Esq., a reformed litigator and Placement Director with Special Counsel, joins co-hosts Lynne DeVenny and me to talk about everything you need to know regarding the paralegal job market.Their discussion includes current paralegal hiring trends, educational and certification requirements, tips for paralegals just entering the job market [insert comma] and the top three areas paralegal job seekers most need to improve to be more marketable.
Kim also addresses a current “hot button” issue for the paralegal profession, i.e. whether employers are seeking inexperienced new attorneys instead of experienced paralegals
Also in this episode:
• The most in-demand specialty areas for legal support staffersPage URL: http://legaltalknetwork.com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/2012/03/paralegal-hiring/
• The most in-demand computer and software proficiencies
• The amount of experience typical legal employers require
• Requirements for education and certification
• Tips for paralegals just entering the job market
• Traits of successful paralegal job applicants
• How social media is used in the placement process
• Tips for maintaining your LinkedIn profile
MP3 Link: http://legaltalkmedia.com/LTN/PLV/PLV_032012_Hiring.mp3
Internet resources and links mentioned during the podcast:
Special Counsel, http://specialcounsel.com,
The 6Ps of the BIG 3 for Job-Seeking JDs: 60+ Ways to Get Hired Using Social Networking by Amanda C. Ellis http://www.amazon.com/The-6Ps-BIG-Job-Seeking-JDs/dp/0578053039/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332796614&sr=1-
Amanda Ellis on Twitter: @AELLISLEGA
Special Counsel on Twitter: @PGHLAW.JOBS
Guest post by Kim Wierzel: http://www.practicalparalegalism.com/2012/02/interviewing-tips-for-paralegal.htmlThe Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Redact-It, NALA...The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants, and Clio.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.com/rss-feeds/.