~~~~~~~~~~~~1. What prompted you to choose a paralegal career? I love the research. I love the writing. I love the challenge. I actually fell in love with the idea of it during jury duty. Seriously.
2. What is your favorite part of your job? The research. I love legal writing, but I love the hunt of finding information that is hidden away.
3. What professional associations do you belong to? NALS.
4. How has your membership benefited you? I love the online education. Webinars and recordings are great at providing an added element when something is confusing on paper.
5. If someone contemplating a paralegal career asked you for career advice, what would your answer be? Love reading and writing. I lost count of how many people I was in class with who complained that they hated reading and writing. Also, read, re-read, and re-read again. A lot of times the information you need (be it for class or for work) is found the second…or third…or forth…time you read the information.
6. What is your favorite kind of music? Eeek…I’m a mixed bag, I like classic rock…Rush, The Doors, Pink Floyd, but I also like “catchy” tunes, like those from The Sleigh Bells and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
7. What electronic device can you not live without? Laptop… tablet… desktop… anything that I can access my email from.
8. What’s your favorite food? Coconut cake. We have a family friend who makes the most amazing coconut cake!
9. What is the one thing you wish you were better at? Patience. I’m not patient.
10. What is your favorite hobby? Crocheting. I have a callus on my hand to prove it ;)
11. Speaking of your iPod, anything on it that has you hitting the repeat button?
Simon & Garfunkle’s Bridge Over Troubled Waters
12. I understand you make a mean oven-fried okra. What's your secret? Italian breadcrumbs and hot sauce.
13. What TV channel do you most often have on? CNN International. Or whatever channel the Atlanta Braves game is on.
Bonus Question: What are your favorite Web sites? RT…Huffington Post…Corporette blog.