Attention: Paralegals, Legal Secretaries, Attorneys and other Legal Professionals
Ethics by the Book: Lessons Learned from Legal Literature
Begins August 7th – Earn 1.5 Hours Ethics MCLE Credit
How do ethics rules apply to you?
What steps should you take to comply with ethics rules and guidelines?
How can you learn the ethics rules without being bored to tears?
The Paralegal Mentor has a solution:Ethics By The Book: Lessons Learned from Legal Literature
The responsibilities and ethical obligations of attorneys and paralegals are affected by various rules of professional conduct and national, state, and local professional association guidelines.
Paralegals and legal secretaries face the same ethics issues as attorneys and are responsible for following the ethics rules applicable to attorneys. They should not only know the applicable guidelines, but should also understand the rules of professional guidelines that apply to lawyers as they are likely to encounter them on a regular basis.
The more legal professionals are aware of the rules, the better they are able to avoid ethics problems. This webinar will provide an overview of the common ethics issues, guidelines and rules of professional conduct that apply to lawyers and the paralegals and legal secretaries who assist them.
Learning about ethics rules can be tedious and boring. To avoid the boredom, join The Paralegal Mentor for this unique learning experience.
You will read A Case of Redemption by Adam Mitzner over a period of 3 months
You will attend 3 one-half hour classes to discuss ethics situations encountered in the book and how they apply to ethics rules adopted by the ABA, various State Bar Association and by professional associations such as NALA, NALS and NFPA.You will receive a Certificate of Attendance verifying 1.5 hours of MCLE Ethics Credit You will receive a handout for each class with notes and applicable rules.
- Note: Classes are held at 1pm Eastern on Wednesdays, August 7th, August 28th and September 25th. If you cannot attend any of the classes, you will be provided with the recording and a brief quiz to verify you reviewed the materials. You must participate in all 3 sessions to qualify for MCLE credit.
You can attend this webinar by phone or via your computer -- it's your choice. There will be slides and you will be able to view them however you attend.
This course is approved for 1.5 hours Ethics MCLE by NALA. It will qualify for credit from NALS and NFPA and other certifying entities.
Registration fee: $57
Note: The customary investment for my ethics courses is $67. The fee for this course is reduced so you can apply the savings to the book’s purchase price.
About A CASE OF REDEMPTION:
Dan Sorensen was once a high-powered New York City defense attorney . . . but that was before a horrifying accident killed the two people in his life who meant the most, plunging him into a downward spiral. As he approaches rock bottom, Dan is unexpectedly offered the opportunity of a lifetime: defend an up-and-coming rapper in a murder trial on the front page of every newspaper. Although his client swears he’s innocent of the brutal slaying of his pop star girlfriend, proving it will not be easy, especially because he’s suspected of bragging about the crime in one of the hottest songs in the country.
Unsure that he’s ready to handle such a high-stakes case, Dan realizes this chance to save a man he believes has been falsely accused of murder just may be his last and only hope to put his own life back on track and achieve redemption for his past sins. But as Dan delves deeper and deeper into the case, he learns that atonement comes at a steep price. A powerful and riveting new voice in fiction, Adam Mitzner pulls out all the stops in his follow-up to the highly acclaimed A Conflict of Interest. A Case of Redemption is a gritty, sophisticated thriller that will draw fans of Scott Turow and John Grisham into a world of relentless suspense.About the Author: Adam Mitzner
Adam Mitzner graduated from Brandeis University with a B.A. and M.A. in politics, and from the University of Virginia School of Law. He lives in New York City where he is the head of the litigation department of Pavia & Harcourt LLP, in midtown Manhattan. Pavia & Harcourt recently received some acclaim because it is the law firm where Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor practiced before she was appointed to the bench. More information is available at http://AdamMitzner.com. You can also follow Adam on Facebook.
About the Presenter: Vicki Voisin, ACP
- A California State Bar approved MCLE provider;
- Delivers simple strategies for paralegals and other professionals to create success and satisfaction by setting goals and determining the direction they will take their careers;
- Spotlights resources, ethics issues, organizational tips, and other areas of continuing education to help paralegals and others reach their full potential;
- Nationally recognized author and speaker regarding issues of interest to legal professionals;
- Co-author of The Professional Paralegal: A Guide to Finding a Job and Career Success;
- Publisher of a weekly e-newsletter titled Paralegal Strategies;
- Host of The Paralegal Voice, a monthly podcast produced by Paralegal Mentor Productions;
- Earned a B.S. degree in Business Management from Central Michigan University;
- Received the Advanced Paralegal Certification (ACP) from the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA);
- Received NALA’s 2012 Founder’s Award in recognition of her outstanding contributions to the growth and future of the paralegal profession, which impacted this profession in a positive manner for a significant period of time;
- Current member and Past president of NALA; Presenter on NALA Campus LIVE! and at the 2012 Convention;
- Current member of NALS…the association for legal professionals ; currently serving on NALS Grassroots Committee;
- Current member and Past Chair of the Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section of the State Bar of Michigan;
- Has worked in the paralegal field for over 20years;
- More information is available at http://paralegalmentor.com.