In this month’s episode of The Paralegal Voice we welcome Karen G. McGee, ACP, President of NALA and Christine E. Porter, ACP, Chair of NALA’s Continuing Education Council, to talk about opportunities through NALA and how you can revitalize your career with continuing education.
Karen and Chris discuss Advanced Paralegal Certification and all of the options available in specific practice areas, as well as NALA’s new “blended learning” approach and how to use these tools for career growth
Also, in this episode, we discuss:
• Results of NALA’s 2010 National Utilization and Compensation SurveyTo access this podcast:
• Most popular tool paralegals use for professional growth
• Learning and authorship opportunities
• Benefits of attending and/or speaking at seminars and web-based programs
• The importance acting and participating as a professional to be recognized as a professional
Page URL: http://legaltalknetwork.com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/2011/02/revitalizing-your-career-with-continuing-education/
Internet resources and additional information:
• National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) website (http://nala.org/)The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants, and Sun Trust.
• NALA’s 36th Annual and Exhibition (http://nala.org/convention.aspx)
• Facts & Findings, NALA’s bi-monthly journal for paralegals (http://www.nala.org/Facts_current_issue.aspx)
• NALA’s 2010 National Utilization and Compensation Survey (http://www.nala.org/survey.aspx)
• Learning opportunities provided by NALA, including NALA Campus Live! (http://nala.org/cle-guide.aspx)
• NALA’s Certified Paralegal and Advanced Certified Paralegal programs (http://nala.org/examdesc.aspx)
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues.
If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.
Also, you can make sure that you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network program, including The Paralegal Voice, with RSS Feed Links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork/rss-feeds/.