Charlsye Smith Diaz, PhD and I have teamed up to co-author a paralegal textbook that will be published by Pearson/Prentice Hall.
The book will focus on building a successful paralegal career. It is nearly finished and now we need your help. Our goal is to profile several paralegals and paralegal managers throughout the book. The paralegals should have less than 5 years of experience. There are no restrictions for the paralegal managers.
We need to get this wrapped up in the next 10 days so we'll be asking for a quick response. Also, participants will have to provide a professional photo to accompany their profile.
If you are interested and meet the criteria -- or know someone who would be perfect for this -- please contact Vicki at email@example.com for more details.
Here's what we're looking for:
1. A paralegal with at least one year experience who is changing careers.
2. A paralegal with at least one year experience for whom this is a first career.
3. A paralegal who has recently finished an internship and a paralegal manager/hiring manager who will discuss the qualities of a good intern.
4. A paralegal who used networking or social networking to land a job.
5. A paralegal who has a fabulous portfolio. What does it include? How was it presented?
6. A paralegal manager/hiring manager who discusses how resumes are narrowed.
7. A paralegal manager/hiring manager who will discuss what they look for in a cover letter
8. A paralegal manager/hiring manager who can identify a quality they like to see in interviewees.
9. A hiring manager who will discuss the qualities of a good new employee
10. A paralegal who will talk about staying on top of technology trends, even if the law firm lags behind.
11. A paralegal who has a great tip for organizing time.
12. A paralegal who has a great tip for organizing office space.
13. A paralegal who reluctantly said yes to something and is happy that she did.
Thanks for visiting! Use the RSS feed or e-mail subscription to keep up to date on what's happening on this site. Check back soon for more great information for paralegals and other professionals.
The Paralegal Mentor firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicki Voisin, The Paralegal Mentor, delivers simple strategies for paralegals and other professionals to create success and satisfaction by achieving goals and determining the direction they will take their careers. Vicki spotlights resources, organizational tips, ethics issues, and other areas of continuing education to help legal professionals reach their full potential. She publishes a bi-weekly ezine titled Strategies for Paralegals Seeking Excellence. More information is available at www.paralegalmentor.com
Let's Get Ethical...Let's Get Technical has been approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit. This course focuses on complex ethics issues faced by legal professionals...attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, and other legal support professionals...as they deal with technology in the work place. (http://snipurl.com/s72vk)
A Blueprint For Your Job Search in Today's Digital World is an entertaining and informative course that includes a digital download and comprehensive handout that explains in detail... * How to set goals for your job search * How to find your ideal job * How to write perfect cover letters * How to answer those tricky interview questions * How to use job search sites and social media (http://snipurl.com/rqmf9)
Paralegal Mentor Events & Appearances
Put some of your life on auto-pilot...join the Paralegal Mentor Inner Circle...it's free! Members will automatically receive each issue of Paralegal Strategies and be registered for each Mastermind call (you'll receive the recording, too) AND there will be discounts and freebies for members throughout the year. Go here to get your name on the list.